Friction can immensely affect the functioning of your machine. Worse, it leads to serious wear and tear, which might necessitate replacing the whole system. Therefore, it is important to grease and lubricate all moving parts for efficiency.
Look, rolling bearings are a type of precision bearings. Some of them include rollers and balls, and they carry loads in the majority of the applications with minimal resistance. What’s more, these rollers work perfectly even in tough conditions while maintaining their integrity. 99% of rolling bearings attain expected service life.
However, the common cause of failure before elapsing of service time is rust, pitting, skewing, and corrosion. But all these are preventable. The best way to prevent premature failure or long-term damage to these rolling bearings is by covering the bearings with a lubricant film.
The common and the best lubricant, i.e., that which most engineers use, is grease. Grease is easy to handle, and it provides a protective sealing for the whole system. In some cases, the engineers use lubrication oil. Oil flows freely; thus, it carries away heat and dirt. That makes it suitable for operations that generate lots of heat or those operating at incredibly higher speeds.
Greasing your applications
There are many types of grease in the market, and tacky grease is one of them. Each type of grease comes with its benefits, which makes it better than other alternatives.
What’s the importance of greasing applications?
Proper lubrication and greasing are vital in the following ways:
- It reduces abrasions and frictions that result from metals being in direct contact.
- Carries away heat that is generated from friction
- Prevents rusting and corrosion
- Inhibits contamination or entry of foreign objects into the rolling elements
- Extend the overall service life of bearings
While grease can effectively look after your system, it is important to note that it has a service life. Therefore, it is vital to reapply the grease at specified time intervals so that you can sustain the proper functioning of your machine’s bearing system.
Proper lubrication will undoubtedly enhance bearings reliability and improve overall service life.
Note that there are some pitfalls. They include:
- Wrong grease and oil can dangerously harm the bearing system. It is essential to look at the specification of grease and compare it to bearing system demands.
- Use the correct amount of grease and oil as too much grease raises bearing temperature, more so at high speeds while very little grease causes metals to be in contact.
- Avoid mixing grease and oil.
Tacky grease is unique but highly effective. Because the grease was developed for extreme and harsh conditions, this grease can effectively lubricate systems. Ideally, the grease can provide lubrication and protection over a range of temperatures. Besides, the grease can resist corrosion and rust; thus, ensuring that your bearing remains in pristine conditions. Needless to say, the grease has the highest rating as a wheel bearing and chassis grease.
Its benefits include:
- It’s water-resistant and fortified with superior washout properties– the grease features refined oil that effectively resists water.
- It inhibits rusts and oxidation – tacky grease resists both oxidation and corrosion, which preserves your system in great condition. Besides, these properties make the grease long-lasting.
- Offers great mechanical stability.
- Has a wide range of applications – automotive, industrial, construction, and agricultural.
- It can resist extreme pressure.